Home
Home      »    Green-homes-india    »    Green Homes in Kolkata

Property

Green Homes in Kolkata

Green Homes in Kolkata is just a developing concept that is still in the buds compared with other cities like Mumbai, Bangalore in Hyderabad. Yet in the year 2008, as many as nine projects were announced to become part of the green Buildings in Kolkata in a span of two years from the date of inception. This was an important step in the real estate housing and commercial market as well as the conservation theory in Kolkata. Kolkata is regarded as one of the cities that are high on population charter. Going green would be the ultimate way of saving power, energy resources, and water. The focus is however shifting from just creation of eco-space for commercial buildings to residential homes welcoming the Kolkata Green Homes concept. 
 
A survey conducted by the forest department in the year 2006 in Kolkata showed that only around 10 per cent of Kolkata was green. The level of carbon dioxide in the air is high in North Kolkata than Southern region. However, central Kolkata had the highest level registered especially during the office hours. The city is thus unable to counter this problem with very few steps being taken for bringing in greenery that was lost due to industrial constructions and building of factories. Over the years, this rich and cultural city in eastern India has fallen prey to dangerous health hazards as the green cover is slowly moving out. 
 
The energy efficient designed buildings have come up in recent years near the riverside in Kolkata. Princep Ghat in Kolkata has experienced some infrastructural developments that strongly encouraged use of recycled materials for constructions, underground drainage system, and good sewage. These complexes largely met international standards in terms of procuring 75 per cent materials from places near to the construction sites and avoid disturbing the water table underground. The open space in these buildings was also note worthy aspect. At least 1.5 acres of greenery was attached to the main complexes that had swimming pools and parks. In Rajarhat, Birati, International airport area, and Lake Town Green House projects in Kolkata are gaining grounds. 
 

Top Green Homes projects in Kolkata

 
The major Green Homes projects in Kolkata are initiative of both private builders and the West Bengal Housing Development authorities. 
 
Sunrise Greens
 
The Bengal Park Chambers Housing Development Ltd, one of the most well recognized names in the Kolkata realty sector. This department has sponsored the new residential Green Homes project in Kolkata called the ‘Sunrise Greens’. It is spread across 7 acres in New Town, Rajarhat, Action Area I, which is near the IT hub in Kolkata. It comprises of 6 towers comprising of 14 floors each offering 2 BHK and 3 BHK apartments and penthouses.  As ‘Sunrise Greens’ occupies only 35 percent the remaining 65 per cent area is earmarked for central greens.
 
Eco Space
 
Eco Space is another Green Homes project in Kolkata completed in the year 2009. It is built with 2 million square feet of commercial space on 20 acres. It is located approximately five kms from Sector V, the IT district in West Bengal. The main features of this complex are that there are provisions for harvesting site energy and it is well-equipped to prevent storm water-runoff.